Labels

Saturday 16 May 2020

The Yellowed Potholder



Oh wait dear tiny black grumpy termite
Listen to my forgotten yellowed tale
Before you ruin my faded crease with a bite
How this perky white became so pale

Little Tommy had been to a huge fete
To taste rubbery sugar candies in red
He'd got 5 coins to savour a full plate
Candy stall blinked in golden ahead

Just then he heard a man say out loud
"Perky white potholders for just 5 coins
From burning heat thy hands they cloud
Fingertips to wrist to where elbow joins"

Tommy thought of his darling mother
Who cooked yummy sweet pies to him
And hid one blistered hand with the other
A child aged 6 weighed his choices so dim

So he bought me off for his dear mother
She loved my warmth on snowy nights
I lived long enough for her than any other
Yellowed, proud, I don't fear your bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)