Labels

Monday 18 May 2020

Elixir of Life




In the fragility of dreams
With my eyes wide open 
At the onset of daylight
Crawling tint of lilac hues
Sparkle dew drops on lilies
Engulf my soul in blues
To see the world alive
I find myself wondering 
Of the desires buried
Deep inside this fragile heart
The forgotten people,
The abandoned roads,
The lost moments,
The unhealed scars,
The yellowed pages,
All from my journey so far
Make me feeble all day long
With a darkness beneath daylight 

In the fragility of dreams
With my eyes half closed
At the onset of dusk
When lavender sky illuminates 
Exhausted turquoise tides,
Sweat-soaked memories 
Comfort my enervated soul
Provide drowsy solace 
To my played out heart
In the weariness of windows
Too unyielding to be unfastened
Yet willing to let the light inside
The cocoon of my hopes
Breathes half-heartedly 
May be not to fly but to survive 
Wrapped in the panacea of twilight

In the fragility of dreams
With my eyes meant to be closed
I wake up on a glistening blue night
A nostalgic halo opens the windows
Clenched by my wavering anxieties
I find my wings and spread them wide
To fly afar through the elixir of night
It reminds me of everything 
That had once been mine
That could have been mine
And that still is and will always be mine
That all my life is but a circle
Meant to be found around
That nothing is ever lost
If in my heart it will be found
That my fragility heals my scars
Strengthens my spirit
Renews my pages
To explore my roads
Full of errors or glories
That the hope on which I never give up
And the love dripping over my soul
Is my eternal elixir of life
That when the day is over
Night will always revive 
My wearied heart and memories
Courage in my tenderness 
I find a waterfall of love and hope
When my eyes are meant to be closed
At night, in the fragility of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)