Labels

Monday 18 May 2020

The Awakened Window



Awake in a morning full of divine charismatic light
I see a white curtain pulled to the side to reveal
A whitewashed wall proudly flaunts a crayon drawing
That my daughter had colored for me at age nine

I open the window exposed to golden sunshine
Transparent dew drops gleaming with reflections
Smile at me from the tip of a cheerful green leaf
Charming rays sing a soothing melody to welcome me

Today I saw my brilliant grown up daughter
And though I was never a part of her journey
She looks like a timeless old friend never seen
Recounting imaginations of my lost blank years

The dusk reverberates hues of a forgotten mauve
It seems I'd preserved this memory for long enough
To rejoice in the marvels of a captured sunset
When blackness had haunted me for years

The woman next to me together all these years
I look at her like a newfound lover does
Blinking fast she appears to be my wife
Blinking slow I envision her as an angel divine

My eyes twinkle when she seems vibrant
Dressed in her satin wedding gown tonight
We wrap ourselves in a starry blanket
Under the celestial shades of moonlit sky

A teardrop slides down the corner of my eyes
I shed it quietly at this heavenly jubilation
Reminiscing more such nights spent by her side
When I'd heard her whispers painting them to me

The impressions of my long lived blank memories
Fade further away when I envision a captivating world
Never had I known it could expose my senses again
When I'd anticipated to take a glimpse in the end

Again I feel elated to awaken this obliterated gift
With visions and marvels to remember in colors
My senses accept the abundance of eyesight
As my vision drifts to the awakened window at sixty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)