Labels

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Photographs



Mornings blushed in dew
replicating your jubilant smile,
love-ladened cupcakes in pink
flavored by your honey-dipped fingers,
fragrance of your jasmine-clad hair
swaying along every time you danced,
exchanging exclusive looks in public
to laugh at shared secrets with coffee,
strumming broken strings of your guitar
when we collided against the window,
rambling vintage songs on deserted streets
of an unknown city on our vacation,
laughing out aloud when I repeated
our mistakes despite your warnings,
sharing anxious hugs scared to part
on a journey to unbeknownst roads.

Someone pause that treacherous night!
When you screamed in agony and left us,
gifted your baby echoing innocent cries...
I miss each moment when I look
at our photographs teary-eyed
sitting on our abandoned bench again
years later, in a world without you..

'Retreat to your world dear friend', I pray.
A ray of light shines through me,
someone just called me wide-eyed in glee.
Oh such a gorgeous creature she is!
Reflecting everything you had once been
I hope you see how adorable she is, my friend...

I love and relive each moment again
as I look at your charming daughter.
Our yellowed photographs smile again
In a world without you..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)