Labels

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Your Experiences And You





"And what have you done with the experiences that life gave you?" That's a question which numerous people have asked me at different points in my life and every time I wonder if I really have an answer. Nobody ever mentioned that there should be a record of experiences, mistakes and moments, but it is often assumed that I would have one, from which I could bestow a few lessons upon those who seek advices from me, or from which I could prevent myself from making mistakes in brand new situations every time I face them.

I won't deny that I have tried doing all that I mentioned above. But the more I have done it, the more I have realized that I remained confined within a sphere of those experiences, lined by the walls of my prejudiced lessons, which could act as nothing but mere lessons to others; the effects of which I couldn't comprehend. And was it fair? To burden others with the experiences I have received, when they could learn everything from their own.
Would it not be justified that I remain a novice, continue on my path, with the faded impressions of my journey, but open enough to meet every situation like an inexperienced traveller? Perhaps that would have reason enough to let myself walk towards destinations I know nothing about, perhaps it would be fair to rejoice when I find them, because they would be unknown.

Isn't it better to smile at my story when others tell me about theirs, lend them my own legend and laugh at it, because so much more awaits me and them too? May be I could just use my experiences, not to let others be swayed by them, nor to warn them of the distraught turns, but to stay by their side when they find those turns, because that is how journeys are supposed to be.

So when people ask me again, "What have you done with your experiences?" I just smile and reply," Nothing much. I have just created stories from them to laugh at, when others get tired of the turns they fear. And then I walk ahead, so do others, like stories are supposed to be, like journeys are meant to be. Who am I? Not a preacher, just a traveller, a novice."
r, a novice."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)