Labels

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Nostalgia



Monsoons will always remind me of this beautiful place. May be because I prefer hill stations over beaches, may be because of the people who were, a few who are, and a few who will be, or may be because of a part of myself that lived everything over these years and somehow it all comes down to this place or a similar one, or may be because it is late night and I am a teetotaler intoxicated with memories, beautiful and dark ones.

So perhaps this is me, like every other human being here, living a life and getting nostalgic and restless about all that I was, not because I want to get back there, just trying to recollect bits of myself from there.

Isn't there a picture of ourselves painted in our minds when we are young and somewhere no matter how much we evolve or grow up, we try to find reflections of those pieces faded over the years, a little unrealistic may be, a little far-fetched may be but that's what makes us ourselves. And perhaps that's the reason we look for our purpose unknowingly.

Do you realize that's what makes even the most simple human being complex and vice versa- a picture of their older versions at a quiet backyard with a sense of profound peace that we may or may not find. Ah, that's where we are struggling to get may be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)