Labels

Monday 22 June 2020

Velvet Caress


Sing to me with your light
my parched soul loves you
I'll uncurl my silky tresses
to let your fragrance brew

Let me weave from dreamy raindrops
a blanket that wraps stars
I'll take you behind cotton clouds
to a world that will be ours

Chorus:

      I carved your name from the golden sky
         and lit it on warm sand dunes
               I've waited so long to drench my soul 
                   in velvet caress of your tunes

          Your trembling lips melt frozen breath
              I am no longer inside me
                  You drip through my crevices in snow
                      I fuse in you, let me be

Two parallel waves tied by pearls dance
we kiss in tales of love
frivolous moments fuse to touch desires
pouring stardust from above

Let the moon get drunk with our melodies
musical sandcastles afloat
Embrace me as seashells spill chiming breeze
Let me blush, on me you dote

Chorus:

     I carved your name from the golden sky
        and lit it on warm sand dunes
           I've waited so long to drench my soul 
              in velvet caress of your tunes

          Your trembling lips melt frozen breath
             I am no longer inside me
                 You drip through my crevices in snow
                     I fuse in you, let me be

                     I am no longer inside me
                            I fuse in you, let me be

                   We fuse and sail, let us be..


*This is a lyric form poetry of song-like quality, originated in ancient Greek Literature. A Lyric is a type of poem in which the expression is much more personal and tends to show more feeling or emotion throughout the piece. It is often a more formal type of poetry when it is read and written as well, typically spoken in the first person (I/me). There are also many different meters that can be used to express a lyric, or even a combination of meters as well. Even further, many will recognize a lyric within songs and music.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)