Labels

Thursday 25 June 2020

Maze





    I've been tracing the starry sky with little dots,
       my fingers dancing in diverging paths of knots,
   I long for a curl leading to a slumber in blues,
       through these sinuous rivers my thoughts cruise.
   A garden of warmth, my woolen scarf I nuzzle,
       my nose itches against the embroidered puzzle,
   I remember mother's fingers turning with devotion,
      beautiful threads twisting on the scarf in motion.
  "How do you identify the threads in that maze?"
      I would often ask following the needle in daze.

  "Oh you just need to hold on to a single strand,
      and knit or loosen it retracing the color band."
   How will I ever escape my fears if I am lost?
      I realize this question in my mind hadn't crossed,
   her answer echoes my hopes trapped in dim rooms,
      to extinguish agony I need to plunge into fumes.
   Holding colored love, labyrinths of threads I face,
      her ethereal touch in my scarf, my fingers trace,
   through whispering lullabies in stars I sprawl,
     led to an ocean of light beyond that fearful wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)