Labels

Thursday 25 June 2020

Starlit Maple



That lonely maple tree on the mighty green hill,
still hides my secret letters and beloved quill,
Oh the jubilant friend I'd found on a summer day,
it embraced me with lush branches on heaps of hay.

My hushed fears siphoned by soothing hums of breeze,
forlorn desires weaved into stories of azure seas,
it cocooned my dreams in wisps of green infant leaves,
that sprinkle dew drops when the little robin grieves.

Ambrosial baskets of delicious mangoes that I savor,
it shaded them until you embellished a rosy red flavor,
you slept in my arms as I heard a nervous cuckoo sing,
the maple branches swayed in glee, to love they cling.

Our fingers draped in icy whispers under magenta sky,
at twilight we shivered in the fervent wind to fly,
shooting stars adorned maple leaves on dark nights,
our recluse in golden sequins of blinking silver lights.

It still melts my summer stories on yellowed pages,
leaves marked with your name haven't faded since ages,
tonight I'll dance to rhapsodies of that fiery healing love,
peeping from crevices of leaves to your galaxies above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)