Labels

Wednesday 10 June 2020

A Land I Dream About




 A floating melody of soothing hums,
  when sea breeze to tranquil shores comes,
   sprinkling buried golden hues,
    over swaying grassland in recluse.

       Lulling little kids to breathe free -
    in spiral dreams, come sing of that land to me.

 An exquisite painting of ancient mysteries,
   of the hill forts from buried cities
     that once bubbled exuberance in glee
      now boast of a beauty carefree.

 When daisies bloom in lilac spring,
  asleep under soothing blankets sing,
   oft shimmering crystals on canvas-
    on starry nights, come paint that land for me.

  An unwritten muse to be poured in ink
   from the red brick window turning pink,
    preserved in the breeding-box valley,
     shimmering dew on golden hay in old alley.

 Rising aroma of cuisines from wet chimneys,
  hustling wind rushing through wagon dinghies,
   chasing me to the castle in hilltop fields -
    in long lost pastures, write of that land to me.

 A rejuvenating dream that quenches my thirst
  to explore unseen soaring bubbles burst,
   taking me through white patches of dusk,
    in blue skies drenching me with musk.

 The mornings welcomed by chirping bird,
  lamb white days riding with their herd,
   mauve twilight sparkling rising moon,
     beholding me from afar as I swoon.

          Beyond continents and vast seas free -
       loving people, come dream of that land with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)