Labels

Tuesday 18 August 2020

My Knight 'Titanium'



Those light blue eyes I still remember,

they'd stare into mine when I was seven,

your touch of silk in crystal white hair,

I'd named you 'Titanium', my silver knight.


We grew up together walking in the woods,

you'd eat soaked bread from a blue cup;

thrilled by sounds of distant trains at night,

we'd stay awake until I snored on your back.


I read next to you while you nuzzled my feet,

your tinkling paws I traced in wet garden,

you sniffed marigold when Spring was near,

I'd chase you to your place with pigeons.


The last Winter together I would never forget,

we ran around fireflies on our little terrace,

you dozed off with me never to wake up again,

that wretched morning passed by but I still cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)