Labels

Monday 13 July 2020

Ruby Showers



I spent my day shopping for rubies.
Shades of magenta, crimson, maroon
sparkling in the ocean of my options
as stars which would make me swoon.

The old manager tried his best
to understand my specific details,
yet I couldn't explain my vision,
much to his chagrin at drooping sales.

Shimmering ruby crystals in his ancient shop
with legacies of their own and fancy cost,
onlooking my tainted desire to find a gem
didn't resemble the magic of the one I'd lost.

A ruby with shades that glitter in light
reflecting infinite rays of sepia desire
to fill my room with colours glowing bright
on my white canvas with a whispering fire.

I decided to look somewhere else for my ruby
and didn't tell him more of my coloured vision,
for his suspicious eyes revealed his doubts
in my unrealistic mist of flickering indecision.

I stepped out of his shop to be welcomed
by a magenta streak of twilight in the sky.
Ah! That was the shade I'd been looking for,
it twirled to let lilac and lavender clouds fly.

The floating clouds hovered above the shop
to form a bubble of light that danced in dark,
then swooshed to enter a desolate old ruby
next to the counter now lit with a spark.

Amazed, I'd found my precious stone at last.
I brought it cocooned in a delicate blue cover
to my room that glistens with magical ruby showers
adorning my sepia dreams on canvas like a lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)