Labels

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Nascent Warmth



Wrapped in a bubbling liquid sack I grew,
zero vision for my tiny eyes hazel blue,
all I'd seen-- a dark floating tube to breathe,
I heard muffled voices again beginning to seethe.

Calmed by a gentle touch of love on stormy nights,
I awaited to find it the day I'd step into lights.
Ah! Pulled out into blinding white flashing sheets,
a beautiful world welcomed my racing naive heartbeats.

She cocooned me with love in her warm shivering arms,
velvet touch into my existence whispers with charms,
my blue eyes sparkle in a topaz gleam of soothing hope,
her finger holds my tiny hand with a promise to cope.

Assurance flows from her honeyed voice I have known
in mother's mellowed lullabies for nine months I've flown,
she wraps me in a starry blanket of warm cozy delight,
my beady eyes shine with wonder as I cuddle her tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)