Labels

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Dulcet Dreams



Oh angels draped in topaz dress,
let me float in tranquil blue seas
my curly tresses dance in breeze.

Hypnotic powers you possess,
you calm my raging hurricanes
silver keys unlocking old chains.

Shooting stars in aurora bless,
crimson pearls adorning sand dune
bathed in aroma of mauve tune.

I've been enchanted I confess,
my naive desires take a leap
fusing lavender hopes to reap.

My visions you gently caress,
frozen whispers dancing in beams
bloom my drizzles in dulcet dreams.

Oh angels draped in topaz dress,
hypnotic powers you possess,
shooting stars in aurora bless,
I've been enchanted I confess,
my visions you gently caress.


*This poem has been written using the rhyming Constanza poetry form in which there are five tercets(stanzas of three lines) and a stanza of five lines in the end. Each line in this poem has 8 syllables. The rhyming scheme is abb acc add aee aff aaaaa. Also, the first line of each tercet is repeated at the end to form the last stanza of five lines.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)