Labels

Thursday 3 September 2020

Wish To Hold Again



 In hushed strides silver threads tonight unfold again,

my longing on trampled soil to be rolled again.


Beneath maple leaves my silent flower shivers,

scarlet bed of withering dreams is cold again.


So numb my desires echo in hollowed umbra,

My wishes I fear might remain untold again.


Lonely lark from wilderness sings of my despair,

Blazing sparks simmer on snow being bold again.


Oh beloved! How oft have I waned crescent soul,

Your veil of molten stars I wish to hold again.


Dreams cuddled in beguile blossoms of aurora,

Await to relive their promises old again.


Fir-kissed caress of heartbeats over years apart,

Enchant siphoned silk silhouettes to mould again.


So bereft my memoirs leave no footprints on sand,

agony on alluring waves was sold again.


Celeste dances in nebula streams on sand dunes,

Graceful Aphrodite will I behold again?


Cynthia petals drape my hopes in banisters,

I pray my tender love grows manifold again.


*This poem has been written using the poetry form Ghazal (or Ghazel) (pronounced as "ghuzzle") which is an Arabic love poem or love-song. A poetic form consisting of couplets that share a rhyme and a refrain. It is a Persian/Arabic /Urdu/Hindi and now English form of poetry between 5-15 rhyming couplets with or without refrain. (The refrain is the repeating part at the end of each couplet). Each couplet in ghazal has the same meter/ syllables that will follow throughout the poem. The rhyming in Ghazal ends like aA bA cA dA eA etc.  In Ghazal, the first couplet must have the rhyming and the refrain in both halves of the couplet in subsequent couplets, only the second half of the couplet will follow the same scheme of rhyming. I have used 12 syllables per line over here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)