Labels

Thursday 3 September 2020

The Thorn's Song


I smiled when lilac tulip bloomed,

I prayed for amber wings in rain.

On fiery leaves with love perfumed,

blue angels kissed her blushing chain.


How oft fir-kissed drops fall as gems

absorbing pangs of thirst from stems.

My bare soul drenched in velvet chrome

longs to rest in her musk-soaked home.


When lilac tulip bloomed, I prayed,

I smiled for amber wings in rain.

With love, perfumed blue angels kissed

her blushing chain on fiery leaves.


Afar, yet my love sings along

if only she'd hear a thorn's song.


*This poem has been written using a form of Sonnet called a Charonnet which is quite different from the traditional Sonnet. It uses the rhyming scheme as abab ccdd efgh ii and 8 syllables per line. Also, in the third stanza, the lines from the first stanza are swapped to form the four lines.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an imprint of your thoughts as a response. It will be a pleasure to read from you. :)